Friday, March 18, 2011

RadioActive Girl Returns - For the 5th Time

I'm going to take some time out of our Reflective Posts (the posts that I'm creating to update the past 3 years of My ThyLife) to give you a current update on My ThyLife.    

**********************************************************************************

Isn't it bad when you have a particular procedure so many times that you lose count?  Especially bad because I have lost count how many times I have consumed radiation.

I have had therapy and body scan doses of radioactive iodine so many times that I have simply lost count.  Each time I feel a little more queasy than the last... regardless of the dose.  Granted these nauseous feelings are most likely psychosomatic and I'm just doing it to myself.

Regardless of the cause of the nauseous feelings - I am currently in isolation with a low dose (2.0mCi) of radioactive iodine.  This is for a 1-year follow-up body scan.  I had the Thyrogen injections on Monday and Tuesday and took the hot pill on Wednesday.  I will be getting scanned on Friday and lets hope that I haven't decided to grow another thyroid (as my awesome body tried to do back in 2009).  So as long as I'm clear RadioActive Girl won't have to return again until next year!  I'll update as soon as I get the results!

Photo Credit: http://www.spreadshirt.co.uk/wine-radioactive-girl-t-shirts-C4408A4985715

No comments:

Post a Comment